Friday, February 14, 2014

Fine Art Friday Pick: "Voie Ensoleillèe"



I took this photo a couple of years ago, at a wetland conservation in rural Worth County, IA.  I have a few shots of this structure that partially crosses the waterway, but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is.  It reminds me of a bit of Greek architecture, and even though it obviously serves/served a particular function in managing the wetland (of which the mechanics are surely above my ability to understand), it was still very beautiful in its design and contrast against the nature around it.  The text is the last verse of the poem, "To One in Paradise," by Edgar Allen Poe - which is one of my favorites of his.  This photo is one sale for the weekend at www.astoria-photography.com -enter code FRIDAY at the checkout for 10% off your print or canvas order.

Tiny bit of trivia: see if you can spot the human in this photo...he was headed down to go fishing.  I didn't think he'd be visible since he was a ways away...but, nope- there he is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment