Friday, March 14, 2014

Fine Art Friday Pick- "Postcard"

I took this photo in an attempt to catch one of the seeds flying off of its stem and into the air.  It was very windy and warm, this day, and I was out wandering around a wetland preserve.  There was a small patch of gravel, presumably for parking, and then a grassy hill that led down to a water way.  There were 2 or 3 fluffy dandelions at the top of this hill that I thought would be perfect to hold up into the wind.  I tried, and tried, but just could not catch the moment when the wind plucked them out and carried them away.  I've always had a soft spot for dandelions, and I imagine this will not end up being my last attempt at catching a wish at the exact time of its making.  This print is on sale through the weekend at www.astoria-photography.com.  Enter code: FRIDAY for 10% off your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment