Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fine Art Friday pick- "White Barn"


This was taken at the same location as several of my other pieces, and although I'm rarely able to single out any one piece as a favorite (because I've got an emotional connection to all of them), I will say that I continue to be drawn to this one, and I go back to look at it often.  It was shot in the late afternoon, so the sun was low in the sky, and rather piercing.  You can see the degree of weathering on the barn walls, but the remaining white paint practically *glowed* in the sun.  Originally, I'd done a more traditional composition, and I'd cropped out the broken windmill in the back, right side.  It didn't seem like it was quite complete, though, so I re-introduced the windmill to the photo.  I feel that, this way, it accurately conveys that not only is the barn enduring the battering of the elements, its fellow structures surrounding it have fallen victim, as well.  This print is on sale through the weekend, and can be found in both the Original Art and Black & White galleries at www.astoria-photography.com/FineArtPhotography -use code: FRIDAY at the checkout for 10% off any print or canvas order.

No comments:

Post a Comment